Search & Win

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Been MIA And Going To Be MIA More

I've been MIA for a while and have only made short posts lately. Sorry. Real life has been occupying my time and school is winding down for the semester, which means the work gets piled on.

Just a few updates:

1. Baby is still doing wonderfully. I'm feeling more human and less tired. Baby is getting stronger and I'm feeling more and more flutters. Can't wait for B. to feel them too!

2. Little J. was tested for the gifted program at school and blew the test out of the water. They have to have an IQ of 130 to get into gifted and he has an IQ of 153. He is on a waiting list for a Program for Exceptionally Gifted children and will get into that as soon as a slot opens up. Oh, yeah and if you didn't already know...Little J. is 6 and in Kindergarten....so this is a BIG deal! He is at least one to two grade levels above Kindergarten level in EVERYTHING. We are so proud!!

3. Big J. is POSSIBLY going to be moving back with his mom for good. We cannot homeschool him another year and know that when we put him back into public school that he will fall into old habits and we just can't do it anymore (we've been doing it for the past 3 years with the crap with school....since his mom decided she didn't want him at her house because he couldn't behave at school). There are more options for school where his mom lives, so we feel that is the better place for him to go for a fresh start. And we honestly cannot keep having our entire lives revolve around him. We have other children in the house that are not getting to do the things they want to and do not get near the attention that they need because we have to focus so much on Big J. and his "issues". His mom SAYS she wants him to move back, Big J says he wants to move back, so we are going to let it happen. IF it ever happens. She wants to try small visits, then longer visits, then longer visits before she decides whether he can move up there or not. I know what I'm saying is harsh, but Big J is 15 years old and it is time he started to act like it. We are moving to a "tough love" approach with him. He knows the rules and our expectations...if he chooses to not follow them or chooses to break school rules or the law, then he will face the consequences of his actions on his own with no back up from us. We've backed him up and helped him out and it does NO GOOD, so now he has to learn the hard way since he seems to not learn the easy way. OK, enough of that...moving on...

4. I have decided to take some time off of college to have the baby. I plan on a year, but will go back next January if I need to (which I very well might). If I go back in January, it will be only for a class or two and will be a light load. I will start back full time in the Fall of 2011 and will graduate May 2012. I want time to enjoy the baby as a newborn and want to have as much breast-feeding time as I can get!

5. Diva D. will be choosing her classes for middle school soon. She is my oldest biological child, so this is a really SAD time for me. My baby is growing up!

6. Smarty-Pants C. is also going into middle school next year. Seems like just yesterday he was the size of Little J.!! He came down for his Spring Break last week and we had a blast hanging out! Going to miss him, since we won't see him again until July!

7. There was something else that I was going to put here, but I got distracted by a question from Little J. and completely forgot....guess it wasn't all that important if pregnant brain ate it!! lol

Well, I will be done with this semester the second week in May, so plan to not see me around much in the mean time. After that....who knows!!! I'll have some time on my hands for sure since school won't be occupying a TON of my time!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jen! So glad all is going well with your pregnancy and yay for breastfeeding! I'm glad you're taking some time off from school to enjoy baby. I will only get 12 weeks with baby (and maybe not the full 12 as I'm down to working just PT before he gets here now) and I am already grieving having to return to work so quickly. Enjoy every moment.

    Hope things work out with Big J living with his mom, I know that would take a huge load off of all of you!

    Good luck on the finals, will keep you all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been busy. Glad to hear you are doing good and feeling a bit better. Good luck with everything, I hope it all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin