Search & Win

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Writer's Workshop: 5 things

Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop

I have not participated in quite a while, and thought this would be a good way to get back into the swing of blogging regularly again!

5 Things You Don't Know About Me

1. I'm not a natural blonde. Not even an unnatural blonde anymore. (Maybe I should rethink my blog title?)

2. I'm in no real hurry to go back to college. I rather enjoy NOT having the stress. (I quit....errr...took a break last fall to have Tristan....and now to be with him the first few years.)

3. I can read a 500 page book in a day. I read really, really fast. I have had to quit buying books because I go through them so fast that I'd spend a small fortune every month.

4. I'm currently on a cleaning strike. I refuse to be the only one cleaning up after 5 people. Especially when all but one of those 5 are capable of cleaning up after themselves and pitching in around the house. I'm about to go postal because no one is taking a hint. Or listening when I flat out say "I am not cleaning anything else until you all start pitching in."

5. I'm a smoker. I have smoked on and off since I was 15 years old, which was 15 years ago. I've quit a handful of times, but seem to always pick it back up when stress gets to be bad. I don't plan on quitting any time soon. Well, hopefully soon, but right now I have no desire to quit. (and I do NOT smoke in my house or around my kids)

5 Things I'm Knowledgeable About

1. Crocheting. Even though I just got back into it a year ago, I've become quite good at it. And have learned a LOT about it.

2. Art. It's my passion. My true calling. And something I wish I could make a living at.

3. Procrastination. Yep. Do I need to say more?

4. Interpreting Tristan's babbling. No one else understands what he's saying, but I do. Most of the time.

5. How to purchase a weeks worth of groceries for $35 WITHOUT using coupons. (just did this last weekend....the last week of the month is always tight!)

5 Things I Know Nothing About

1. Quantum Physics

2. The reason behind teenage attitude problems

3. Sewing. I've had several people try to teach me, but I just. can't. get. it.

4. Why my ex-husband is such an (idiot, low-life, asshole, POS, etc, etc, etc). Or how he can treat my kids the way he does.

5. Getting a one year old to quit climbing.

5 Things I Believe

1. I believe in God. And Jesus. And I love them.

2. Children are our future and should be treated as such. All the violence towards and killing of children by the people that were supposed to keep them safe has made me so sad and heartbroken.

3. International Delights Almond Joy coffee creamer is like heaven in a cup. Seriously. It's like drinking a candy bar.

4. All my kids are the best looking kids EVER!

5. I'm probably the most awesome person you'll ever know. :)

2 comments:

  1. You got some serious talents!! I was the only one who could understand my son's babblings too. It is a mother art I think. Perhaps you could be "Musings of a Bottle Blonde Mom"? HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I'm now a bottle blonde again. Too many grey hairs and the blonde helps hide them when my hair grows!! Yay for premature grey-ing!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin