Search & Win

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Writer's Workshop: Those creepy little faces and THOSE EYES!

It's that time.....Writer's Workshop from Mama Kat over at Mama's Losin' It. I have not been doing these lately but it is summer and I have been super busy with kids and all the fun that comes along with them!

Here are the prompts:

1.) What's ailing you? Diagnose yourself with a syndrome.
2.) Share with us something you made by hand.
3.) Fess up. Tell us what you found after a spying on someone.
4.) "How are y'all doing it? This summer, I mean? I cannot remember ever being as busy as we've been over the past two months. Those of you who are blogging daily, being as witty and entertaining as ever...I beg of you...HOW?"
5.)What are you afraid of?


I am choosing to do.......a little of all of them.

1.) What's ailing you? Diagnose yourself with a syndrome.

Well, I am going to diagnose myself with end-of-summer-itis syndrome.  Classic symptoms of this syndrome are as follows:  boredom, desire for peace-and-quiet, lack of enthusiasm, actually looking forward to going to work, hiding from children, staying up late for just a smidgen of quiet time, and a general lack of interest.  This syndrome is caused by spending months with your children 24/7!!  Only cure for this syndrome is school starting again (which happens NEXT WEEK!!!!)!!!!!!!!!

2.)  Share something you made by hand.

Well, that is easy.  This:
This is a painting I did of my brother-in-law and niece a few years ago.  Can you tell that is what it is?  I am very proud of this painting and it turned out better than I had envisioned it would!

3)  Fess up. Tell us what you found after a spying on someone.

I don't do this.  It is a sneaky way of doing things.  I prefer to ASK the person about whatever I'm curious about.  Much more straight-forward and honest that way.

4)  How are ya'll doing it?  This summer, I mean?  I cannot remember ever being as busy as we've been over the past two months.  Those of you who are blogging daily, being as witty and entertaining as ever.....I beg of you.....HOW?

Well, I haven't been blogging daily.  I haven't even been blogging weekly.  I've been too busy as well.  Something had to take a back seat to my children and their entertainment and unfortunately, it had to be the blog.  But I should be able to start at least doing weekly posts (if not more).

5)  What are you afraid of?

Let's see.......moths, bees, wasps, ants.....who am I kidding....bugs in general......dying in my sleep; not being a good mom; not having another child; failure; never finishing school and not being able to get a teaching job; disappointing my husband, children and family; and did I say MOTHS (they creep me out....those creepy little faces and those eyes....*shudder*).

Now it is your turn.  Pop on over to Mama Kat's and get to writing!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that painting is amazing! You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is wonderful! It looks like something I'd see in an art gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture. It is amazing! So...where are the rest of your paintings. I wanna see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That painting is incredible. Wow!

    And I couldn't agree more about summer. I stay at home, but this summer has made me consider getting a full time job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that painting is amazing Jennifer...I really hope you share more with us someday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin