Search & Win

Monday, March 1, 2010

Ranting Mad

So, this is the deal, my ex has been calling EVERY DAY to talk to the kids. Normally this would not bug me, but the kids are not always available to talk, and I'm not always at home with the kids (I only have a cell...no home phone and won't give him my husband's cell number). I have class 2 nights a week and on those days I usually only get to say hi and bye to the kids on my way out the door.

Tonight, I tell him that the kids will not be available to talk every day and that it is inconvenient for him to call repeatedly on the days he KNOWS I'm in class. So the asshole hangs up on me. So I text him and say that if he wants to be more involved with the kids' life, then he knows what he needs to do (clean up and take his drug tests to get his visitation back...he has no visitation now because he refuses to do the tests).

He goes into this long rant, cussing me out, telling me that he's going to take it back to court and get everything changed and that he'll probably end up with the kids because I'm not following the order and allowing him daily phone calls at 7 pm. First off, our order says he is allowed REASONABLE telephone calls....not daily phone calls at 7 pm (that was the temporary order almost 3 years ago, we now have a permanent order that is different). And I do allow him to talk to the kids, when they are available. It's not like I don't let him talk to them. I never have refused to let them talk to him.

Second, I have followed the court papers to the letter, while he has refused to follow them the entire time we've been divorced. We have been divorced for almost 5 years now and he has not once followed the judge-approved court order.

I really do not want to go back to court, because frankly I've done nothing wrong. And I don't want to spend MORE money on a lawyer because he gets pissed he didn't get his way. I've already spent over $15,000 on this crap. I know that if we go back to court, the judge will chew him out and throw the case out, but that is just more stress on me and more money that we just don't have right now.

Will he ever grow up and realize that he is WAY in the wrong here? Or do I have to keep dealing with this shit for another 12 years (12 years because it is 12 years until Little J. turns 18....AND 12 years until I can tell the ex where I would like him to go)?

1 comment:

  1. That has got to be so frustrating. My cousin is dealing with a ex that is causing all kinds of problems too and costing her lots of money as well. I hope it gets better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin