Search & Win

Friday, September 4, 2009

President Obama's Speech to the Students of Our Nation

Now I know that there are some of you out there in blogland that might think that I am going to be one of those that is spouting to "keep your children home so they are not exposed to it", but I am not. I am writing this note because that sort of talk has me a little miffed. 

I have seen the speech Obama is going to give to the youth of America referred to as "National Brain Washing Day" and comparing this speech to those that Hitler gave to the youth of Germany, and I am appalled. Now, I am not an adamant supporter of Obama by any means, but I do not believe that because the President of the United States is going to make a speech to the children of this nation to 
"urge students to take personal responsibility for their own education, to set goals, and to not only stay in school but make the most of it" ( http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/My-Education-My-Future/) that he is trying to brain wash our children. 

Give me a freaking break. I'm sorry, but I have seen what the school system is like....I have seen first-hand how these children behave, and I have seen with my own eyes the parents taking up for the kids when the teacher has to inform them that their precious, can-do-no-wrong child does something very wrong or is not meeting the standards of their grade level. I have seen that there are children that are not held accountable for their own actions by their parents. 

I know there are a lot of kids that are not like this, but it is the kids like this that hold the "good" kids back. It is kids like this that disrupt the class. It is kids like this that have an utter lack of respect for school personnel because their parent have the same lack of respect for school personnel. It is kids like this that the speech is aimed at. 

Someone needs to hold these kids accountable for their actions and if their parents are not going to do it, then why not the President of the United States.....no matter WHO he is. 

And I'm sorry listening to one speech about taking responsibility for your education, setting goals, and making the most of your education is not "brain washing" and it is not bad.

Are my kids going to watch this speech? Yes, if their school decides to show it they will. I think if nothing else it will give them something to think about and maybe discuss with us when they get home.

My own mother is considering not sending my little brother to school if the school he goes to decides to show the President's speech, so don't any one person go getting bent out of shape thinking I am aiming this at you. I have seen it ALL OVER THE PLACE and am really tired of seeing it and needed to put my two cents in here.

This is my opinion and my opinion only. You have your own opinion, I have mine. Let's be respectful of each other here. I don't mind a little debate over this, but will not tolerate any hateful comments. Thank you.

You can find more information about this speech at: 
http://www.whitehouse.gov/

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry - I do not support anything that man stands for. As a Christian woman I can't. Further more - I will not allow my children to hear this garbage. That is not the whole story of that speech. At the end of the speech - he will have the kids pledge to him. The white house site left that "minor detail" out. Years ago they took God out of schools - that was the first mistake. If God had been left in schools this world would be different.

    Take a look at this. http://www.examiner.com/x-9332-Louisville-Christian-Examiner~y2009m9d3-Parents-boycott-Obama-on-September-8th-video

    I will not support this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a controversial week....I have mixed feelings about it....Just blog hopping tonight and enjoyed your blog.
    Hope you will stop by and visit my new Christmas blog. There is a great giveaway this week.
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, thanks for the comment you left on my blog. However, I can honestly say I'll never read those, nor any other, vampire books! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen various posts about this and I think people are overreacting a bit ... but I don't know that much about it so I probably don't know what I'm talking about. I think if people are concerned, then they should take the time to talk to their kids about what was said and undo the "brainwashing."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin