Search & Win

Monday, January 25, 2010

Friend Makin' Monday: Daybook

Head on over to see Amber to see more posts about this little meme!!

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window... I see a calm day. The first we've had here in about a week. No wind. No nasty looking clouds that don't drop any precipitation. Nothing. And it is nice. Maybe my allergies will calm down now.

I am thinking.... That I really need to get into the swing of homework again. This happens EVERY semester!! I get a nice, long, relaxing break and then when the semester starts again, I am dragging ass trying to get myself motivated again.

I am thankful... For everything and everyone in my life. I will not take a single one of them for granted.

I am praying... for lots of things. Praying that my cousin will be home with his family soon instead of in the hellhole he's in now. Praying for the family of an old classmate that passed away in a car accident last week...the funeral is today. Praying for a family member that is joining the TTC madness. Praying that my TTC journey will come to an end on Thursday with a wonderful word "pregnant". And so on, and so on, and so on--I could write a book on all that I'm praying. It has been a prayerful year for me so far.

I am reading... American Bloomsbury by Susan Cheever and will be starting The Essential Writings of Ralph Waldo Emerson tomorrow. My English class (Transcendentalist Literature) is going to kick my butt. I have 8 novels to read (5 of which are 500+ pages long) and the longest I have to read one is 3 weeks. SOOOOOOO glad that I read super fast or I would have to drop this class and find an alternate Literature class to take.

I am creating... a schedule. We have soooo much going on right now, that I REALLY need to get myself into a schedule with homework, homeschooling, counseling sessions (for Big J.), extracurricular activities of the kids, and breathing time. I have to do this every semester, since I don't always have class on the same day/time, and it usually takes me 2-3 weeks to get into a scheduled routine.

From the kitchen... comes some yummy new recipes we are trying. We got tired of the same old, same old. It is hard to come up with new things when you are on a strict/tight budget, but I found some cheap/easy recipes that we are going to try. If they are a success, I just might share them here!

Around the house... I see disaster. A week into this semester and my family has already let the house go the crap. Guess that will be added into my list of to-dos. Either that, or I'll go off on a tangent to my family about how they need to pick up the slack around here/I'm not the only one making the mess, I won't be the only one to clean it/if you don't want to pick up after yourselves, then you'll just live in it. Happens about twice a year. The tangent usually works and they pick up a little of the slack around the house.

One of my favorite things... is vacation. I loved mine. I want more. And I want to take a family vacation and a "me and Brilliant B. only" vacation. Soon, very soon.

A few plans for the rest of the week... homework, homeschool, counseling sessions, karate, get a few BIG checks and pay off some credit cards, clean a little, and read, read, read, and then read a little more.

So, what does YOUR Daybook look like?

Have a GREAT week everyone!!!

4 comments:

  1. If you can share the ceap easy recipes I would love it. We are in the same boat right now. Happy FMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a demanding class! I hope you find the books interesting. Good for you that you are tackling it.

    Happy FMM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaah vacation is the best!!! Good luck with your TTC, I hope good things come your way on Thursday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a very busy life. I need to get myself organized and on a schedule too! Wishing you a great week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin