Search & Win

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Writer's Workshop: Weirdest Dream EVER!

Mama's Losin' It
It's that time again. Time for Writer's Workshop from Mama Kat over at Mama's Losin' It.

Here are the prompts:

1.) I recently read all about the importance of us bloggers developing an “Elevator Pitch” via one of my new favorite blogs. Create one short (a sentence long) and one longer (100 – 150 words) Elevator Pitch describing what your blog is about.

2.) The strangest dream ever…

3.) Write a list of 10 things that can be done to stave off boredom.

4.) “How many homes have you had? Write a journal entry about ALL the places you’ve called ‘home’ in your life.”

5.) “Why wouldn’t they just start over? Write a story where a character refuses to go back to square one.”

I'm choosing to do #2, the strangest dream.

I had a dream last night that we owned one of these:
We kept it in a LARGE cage in our back yard and would let it out every once in a while to roam free for a little bit.

Well, Brilliant B. and I were in this tree house like thing where the controls to the cage were and we let the T-Rex out and were watching it roam around. Well, in the dream, Big J. was mad and being an ass and he let my dog out in the back yard, knowing full well that we had let the T-Rex out of it's cage.

Here's my little dog, Jack:
In the dream, I FREAKED! I started yelling at Jack to try to get him to come to me, but he wouldn't (nothing new for him) and in the process managed to get the T-Rex's attention on Jack. Now, in the dream, Jack was not killed by the T-Rex, but he did lose a back leg and his tail because the T-Rex was playing with him and bit them off. Which I had to just sit and watch in horror. (in the dream of course)

And that is where the dream ended. I woke with my heart racing and in a frantic mood.

I have been having these type of dreams lately. They are very odd and very realistic to me. Vivid dreams are weird to me and I rarely have them, but have been having one every night for the last week. Weird. Who knows what my mind will come up with tonight!

5 comments:

  1. Wow...and I thought mine was weird last night. Glad you woke up from that one.

    I dreamt that my dad was chasing and shoving me in a grocery store because he thought I was too loud talking to my mom. Weird enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a strange dream. I wonder what it means (if anything).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had dreams affect my mood for the day too ... and yours was a doozy. Poor Jack ... I'm glad he survived though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, that's awful. I hope you dream about sunshine and rainbows tonight...or at least not leg chewing T-rexes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Jack! That is one scary dreams for sure.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin