Search & Win

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Writers Workshop: Pet Peeve

This should be fun!! Got this prompt from the ever talented Mama Kat over at Mama's Losin' It.  I am supposed to write about my biggest pet peeve and come up with a punishment for it!  Woo Hoo!!  And boy can I ever do this assignment!

I guess I should start off with what that pet peeve actually is! *drum roll* LYING!  OMG, I could just strangle anyone that lies (hmmm...should that be their punishment?  Nah, too much of an easy way out!).  

My ex-husband lies constantly.  

My current husband's ex-wife lies constantly (and it is rubbing off on my dearest step-sons).  

My own mother lies.  

I HATE LYING!  It is childish and pointless and does nothing but show a person's true moral character.  I admit, I am not an angel, but I do not lie.  I am a straight shooter and will tell it like it is NO MATTER WHAT!  I have always prided myself in being honest and NOT A LYER.

Now on to the fun part.....hmmmm...what should the grand punishment be for those who choose to lie to me.....this is tough.  There are so many lovely things that I can think of to do to those that lie, those that fib, those that think they are simply bending the truth.  

How about boiling.......nah, too messy.  

OOOOOO, what about dipping......nah, too stinky.

Should I have them eat.......nah, I don't feel like puking watching that.

Oh, the wonderfully  horrible things going through my mind.....which to choose?

AHA!  I think I have it!  I think that lying deserves an equally horrible punishment, so my choice is to drop them on an island in the middle of nowhere (after drugging them up considerably so they don't know where they are) and leave them (especially my ex and my husband's ex).  

There.  

That will teach them to lie to me!! 

Mwahahahahahahahaha *breathe* Mwahahahahahahaha!!

6 comments:

  1. AMen to the lying. My ex, who is now dead, lied constantly. I didn't know it for years until I hear him tell stories that involved me. Then I knew. I told him that elaborting, exegerating made me not believe him when he told me things. He didn't like that. He never changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the lying! They must be stopped! The island thing sounds great, as long as it's not warm and sunny all the time.

    Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There could be a documentary made of it called the Lord of the Lies. I can just see it.

    Maybe Spielberg will document it.


    ---Lane

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin