Search & Win

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Writer's Workshop: Ode to Stretchy Pants

Mama's Losin' It

Well, I've been a little busy with a horrible semester and haven't had time to participate lately! Well, It's late in the day, but it is never too late to participate in Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop!

The Prompts:

1.) Describe a popular kids toy or show that you just don’t understand.
2.) Where were your shoes? Write about an interesting time when you happened to be barefoot. Begin and end your writing with a description of your feet.
3.) Whom did you hide from? Write about a hiding place you haven’t used for a while.
4.) Write a 20-line poem (rhyming or non-rhyming) dedicated to your favorite piece of clothing (could be a shirt, hat, shoes, etc.).
5.) Imagine your life is now a book. In 100 words, write the blurb for it. (It’s what people will read on the back cover.

I'm choosing to do prompt # 4! So enjoy!

Ode To Stretchy Pants

Stretchy pants, how I love thee...

You have never been a friend of mine
Until a man knocks up my behind.

You stretch and move
to fit my groove.

You flatter my shape
with a sexy drape.

You support my rear
without any fear.

And allow my belly
to become like a bowl of jelly.

You look discreet
when I'm down the street.

No one would guess
that you are the best.

I love your styles.
I'll wear you for miles.

Even though you aren't here to stay, maybe
I'll keep you around after the baby.

Oh, stretchy pants, how I love thee.....

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Ahh, stretchy pants ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. And I concur. Just the other day I was standing in my closet feeling particularly fat and wondering why I got rid of those maternity pants that had just the right stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I WISH stretchy pants were around when I was pregnant!! What a God send!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there visiting from Mama Kat's - Stretcy pants and me?....Not so much. But funny ode!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh....yes! Stretchy pants rock!! Especially if they keep stretching and stretching and stretching..... Good luck with the baby cakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, just stopping by from MamaKats, loved your poem! Oh those stetchy pants...could have used them during my pregnancies with twins and triplets! Your poem made me laugh...keep up the great writing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin