Search & Win

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Writer's Workshop: oh, the boredom

It is that time of the week again........Weekly writer's workshop courtesy of Mama Kat @ Mama's Losin' It.

Here are the prompts:

1.) Interview a child.
(inspired by 
Quilao Triplets)
2.) How do you stave off boredom?
(inspired by 
Jenn's Pen)
3.) Write a poem for the little boy in your life.
(inspired by 
Life With Kaishon)
4.) Describe a memorable interview or talk about your experience trying to find a job amidst this recession.
(inspired by 
Lacey)
5.) Create a Help Wanted Ad.

(inspired by Jenners)


To be honest, I have not felt particularly inspired lately.  Which is why I haven't been blogging lately (well, except about the boys' room).  I think I will try to crank something out about prompt #2.  

Like most SAHM (stay at home mom), I do find myself bored outta my mind from time to time (ok, ok, MOST of the time).  

After the joys of laundry, dishes, cleaning, and cooking (among other things) I find myself trying to find ways to keep the mind-numbing boredom at bay.  The first, and most obvious, thing I do to keep from getting too bored is to mess around on the net.  But, as most of you may know, that can get boring as well after a while.  

The next thing that I do is to TRY to read.  I have the entire series of Twilight and have only made it HALFWAY through the first book.  Ah, the life of a mom.  I read usually only when the kids are blissfully busy and not quite feeling as needy of my attention because once I start reading.....I get lost and don't really notice much of what is going on around me, which with kids is NOT a good thing AT ALL!

Another thing is the good ol' boob tube. Finding some cheesy show on or just sit and watch cartoons with the kiddies.....nothing like it!

I wish I had time (and the money) to paint again (and not bedroom walls).  I miss being artistic and creative, but I am even worse about getting lost in painting and drawing than I am with reading.  I have this uncanny ability when I get in the "groove" to completely block out EVERYTHING and EVERYONE around me and tend to lose track of time.

There are other, little ways that I fight off the boredom monster that are just too numerous to name, but here is a run down of a few more:  play video games with the kids, play board games with the kids, go outside and water the yard, go swim in the pool, do crafts with kids, and color in coloring books with kids.  (as you can see, a lot of my life revolves around kids.  Good thing I like them a lot or it might drive me bonkers!)

Now it's your turn.  Head on over to see Mama Kat and get busy writing!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Those are great ways to beat boredom! I wish I had the talent to draw and/or paint. I do love to read though! I would love to see some of the things you've painted or drawn over the years...you should post something and share it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Twilight book as well, but I am reading Her Sister's Keeper right now and it takes me about 6 months to get through a book these days, so when you get done, post a review! You can fingerpaint with the kids, that might be artistic? lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin