Search & Win

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My REversal Story: Day 3 Part 3

My husband is glad that my pain is minimal and is being handled well with the Darvacet Dr. Rogers gave me. She also gave me a prescription after the surgery for Lortab in case the Darvacet wasn't working. Hubby is going to Walgreens to get that prescription filled so that I can take one before I go to bed tonight. I want to make sure that I am good and knocked out tonight while I sleep so that I don't move around much.

I still do not have a ton of pain. I have some gas pain in my mid-back, but I am taking gas meds for that and it is helping some.  

I have not been able to see my incision yet because she did not put that clear wrap on it because I am sensitive to the adhesive in bandages. I have a big gauze pad over my incision and can't change it until tomorrow afternoon. Dr. Rogers says that she made a smaller cut than she had originally thought she was going to have to make. Which is good news for me! She said the incision is around 2 1/2 inches long, which is much better than the 3 or 4 she had planned!

Dr. Rogers is an absolute miracle worker. I am so glad that I chose to go to her! For those of you on the fence about her, I can tell you I highly recommend her!!!

I am bored and can't get to sleep again. I am waiting on hubby to come back with my prescription and some ice cream. I decided I was going to eat ice cream for dinner tonight. Hubby is really going above and beyond helping me. He helped me out of my clothes earlier and into my PJs and has been helping me go to the restroom when I need to. I am truly blessed to have him!

I am glad that we are not leaving until Saturday. I think I will be feeling much better by then and it will be easier to travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin