Search & Win

Monday, May 18, 2009

My first ever blog award!!!!!

I received my very first EVER blog award!!!  Trudy over at Third Times a Charm! gave it to me and I am honored to receive it!!!  Here it is:


Now here are the rules of this cute little award:

1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link. 

2) Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you've newly discovered. (Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award).

Find at least one, if not all, that sparks some interest and check them out, because it's always good to broaden your horizons. 

Here is a list of the blogs that I visit often and think that YOU should also check out!  You won't be sorry!  In no particular order:

I love to visit this blog and see what she is reviewing and giving away!!  She finds the neatest things!!  

This is exactly what you think it is.  Professional cakes gone wrong!!  This is a wonderful blog that showcases horrible cakes with some VERY funny stories and banter to go along with the wreck-iness!

Jenn has some great hairstyles on her site and shows step-by-step how to do it.  I love this blog because my little girl likes some funky hairstyles and this gives me some great ideas to try out!

This is a secret pregnancy blog for a couple that call them selves Tarzan and Jane.  I love to read of their journey through pregnancy as first time parents.  Takes me back 11 years to my first pregnancy!  There are sweet posts, funny posts, and just flat out lovely posts there!  

This is a heartbreaking and inspiring blog about a one pound miracle baby.  I do not want to go into a lot of detail because I could write a novel about this blog.  The best thing I can say is to go check it out for yourself.  You will not come away from that blog without being changed.  A truly heartbreaking story.

Jenners is simply hilarious!  I love to go to her blog for a good laugh.  Some great bloggy games there too!!

What can I say about Mama Kat?  She is funny, imaginative, and brutally honest!  I love to read her *almost* daily blog posts!  I also LOVE to do her weekly writing prompts!  Helps to get my creative juices flowing!

I have just recently found this blog.  I am already loving doing the Not Me! Mondays she sponsors weekly!  So much fun!

This blog has truly helped me to realize that my blog is exactly that--MY BLOG.  When i first started blogging I censored myself.  I made sure I wasn't dropping and F-bombs or a S-bomb on the blogging world.  BUT I realized that by doing that, I wasn't being ME.  I sure swear. Sometimes it is the only way I can express my emotion.  I am now ME and no one else here in blog land thanks to TMVM!!!  A great read!

I came across Trudy's blog through a writer's workshop and felt an instant connection with her.  Seems like we are both going through the same (kind-of) trying to conceive journey.  That alone links us and is allowing us to go insane in each other's cyber company!  I know that she completely understands what I'm going through, as I understand what she is going through!

This is my IRL (in real life) aunt and uncle's adoption blog.  I followed daily while they were in Ukraine waiting for their little blessing to be given to them and was with them (online of course) as they made the decision to adopt not just one child, but THREE, all siblings.  I still check in on their blog to see how the adjustment is going since they have been home with my three new cousins!

I found this blog thanks to a guest post on Jenners blog and thought he (that's right HE) was very funny!  One of the only men on my ever expanding blog roll!  Check it out.

*Note:  The rest of these are not going to be linked but are some of my favorite blogs because they are women just like me.  These women have all either had or will be having a tubal reversal and I do not want to link up their blogs without their permission.  These are all personal, revealing blogs and I wanted to make sure they were recognized as my favorites without betraying their privacy.*

13.  Trusting God
I have become close to Mrs. T throughout this journey.  I was there as she went to Mexico for her reversal and with her and supporting her as her husband did a complete 180 about having more children.  I am with her now as she is patiently waiting on God's timing for another blessing to be added to her family.

14.  Nightmare Came True/At the Hands of the Devil
This lovely lady has been to hell and back at the hands of a doctor who thought he was God and could make a decision that wasn't his to make.  This evil doctor tied my lovely friend's tubes without her consent and she is now waiting patiently for her date for her reversal to come up in June!  I was, and still am, shocked that a doctor would actually do this to a person.  My heart breaks for her and rejoices that she has seen the positive in her situation and has a wonderful outlook on life!  

15.  Bonnie's Passion
This is a truly magnificent lady with a heart of gold!  I have loved getting to know her and hear her updates.  Her son is now a Marine and I watched her blog as she went through all the emotions and excitement as her son went through boot camp.  


Thank you again Trudy for my lovely award!!!  

7 comments:

  1. You are welcome Jen, how fun that it was your first award too! I am looking forward to checking out the other blogs you have listed too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you!! You named some pretty great blog *cough if I do say so myself cough*...I'll have to check out a few of those I haven't heard of though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!! You are so sweet. Congratulations on your first award--- I have to go check out some of these blogs now- bye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that this was just the thing I needed today! You are so incredibly sweet and I am honored to be mentioned.
    I have been slacking on my blog lately and this has lit a little fire under my butt - Hoping to get some new giveaways posted in the next few days!!
    Again - Thank you so much! I am now stalking... errr following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!

    What you said about me helping you realize you wanted your blog to stay true to you was very sweet.

    I couldn't agree more and am glad you feel more "free".

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, how did you post this on your blog sidebar, I have no clue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you wrote about each of the blogs!!! It was so lovely and nice and it was cool to hear your thoughts on them!! (Of course, who doesn't like saying such nice things about them). Thank you for thinking of me and putting me with such good company!!! And I think Andy's blog is one of the few "man" blogs I read too -- but maybe because he seems so much like a girl in some ways -- with the Cosmo and the Top Model play by plays!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin